Terms and Conditions
By viewing and using the kalyanyoga.com website (Site), you will be deemed to agree to the following terms and conditions of use and Privacy Statement without qualification. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions then you must stop accessing and using the Site.
We may revise these terms from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take effect when they are posted.
Licence to use the content on the Site
- You acknowledge that the Site, the content posted on the Site by us, and the underlying software and technologies used to operate the Site, are all subject to copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights (Intellectual Property Rights).
- We grant you a limited, non-transferable licence to access and use the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
- We (or our licensors) retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Site, and nothing you do on or in relation to the Site will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to you or, except for the licence referred to above, authorise you to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights unless we expressly agree otherwise.
- Except as provided in these terms, permission to reprint or electronically reproduce the Site or any of its contents, in whole or in part, whether by automated or manual means (including through the use of any so-called robot, spider, scraper or similar technology) is prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from us.
- We may revoke the permissions referred to above at any time and may suspend or deny, in our sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Site without notice.
Except where expressly specified, the content on the Site is provided for your information only. Whilst reasonable care has been taken to ensure the information contained on the Site is accurate and the opinions given are fair and reasonable, Kalyan Yoga does not give any warranty of accuracy, reliability or fitness for any purpose of the information contained on the Site.
Linking to this Site
- We encourage you to provide links to this Site. While you may use the name of the Site in the text of any such link, you may not use any of our logos or trademarks without our prior written consent.
- You must not frame this Site or represent or imply that any part of the Site belongs to anyone other than us.
- If we notify you that we object to the manner in which you provide links to this Site, you must immediately cease providing such links.
In using the Site, you must not:
- violate any applicable laws;
- distribute viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or software; or
- engage in any other conduct that inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site.
Variation of Site
We may from time to time and without notice, vary, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all of the Site.
The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for, and do not endorse, the content or accuracy of any other sites linked to the Site. You should contact the relevant third party directly if you have any questions. These links are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply Kalyan Yoga’s endorsement of the linked sites or any association with their operators.
Who we are
Kalyan Yoga (defined at the end of this Privacy Statement) is a boutique yoga studio offering hatha yoga and meditation services. This policy outlines the way we collect and hold personal data.
Why do we collect personal data?
We may collect personal data in order to conduct our business, to provide and market our services and to meet our legal obligations.
Who do we collect personal data about?
We collect and hold personal data about (but not limited to):
- clients, business associates and potential clients;
- individuals we deal with in the course of carrying on our business;
- suppliers and their employees and contractors;
- prospective employees, employees and contractors; and
- other people who come into contact with Kalyan Yoga.
What kinds of personal data do we collect?
In general, and depending upon the nature of the person’s connection with Kalyan Yoga, the type of personal data we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to): names, addresses, contact details, date of birth, personal health information, personal preference payment details, employment history and/or details, education and qualifications, testimonials and feedback, and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
How do we collect personal data?
Except as otherwise permitted by law, we will collect personal data:
- from you directly when you provide your details to us; and
- from you indirectly (through emails, forms, subscription applications, face-to-face meetings, interviews, registration and attendance at classes, workshops and seminars, business cards, telephone conversations and through the use of the services and facilities available through our websites and social media channels).
Personal data collected via our website
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Management of personal data
We use legitimate business interest and will treat personal information that you have supplied to us in accordance with our responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation Act 2018 as it applies in the EU, and will not pass it to any outside organisations or individuals unless we are required to do so by law.
We take reasonable steps to protect personal data held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records.
To whom might Kalyan Yoga disclose your personal data?
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses, hosting and data storage providers, specialist consultants and barristers);
- other companies or individuals who perform checks that are necessary or desirable under law on our behalf;
- visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service;
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- where we are required to do so by law.
How long do we retain your personal data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal data they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal data at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Where we no longer require your personal data we will comply with our legal obligations in respect of that information.
How can you access and correct your personal data?
We endeavour to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to contact us in order to update any personal data we hold about you. Contact details are set out below.
You are entitled to request the following from Kalyan Yoga, these are called Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the ICO website.
- the right to request a copy of personal information held about you;
- the right to request that inaccuracies are corrected;
- the right to request us to stop processing your personal data;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office; and
- the right to have your data erased.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy is located at http://www.kalyanyoga.com.
EU means the European Union.
ICO website means https://ico.org.uk/
Kalyan Yoga means Kalyan Yoga, a partnership operating in the United Kingdom.
We, us and our means Kalyan Yoga.